On This Day Trivia Quiz – 9 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 9 February.
1. On 9 February 1864, which US President posed for a photograph which now appears on the (US) $5 bill?
2. Which Russian author, famous for his novel Crime and Punishment (1866) died on 9 February 1881?
3. Born Carole Klein on 9 February 1942, which US Grammy Award-winning singer is famous for her song It’s Too Late (1971)?
4. Born on 9 February 1943, which actor is famous for performances in movies Raging Bull (1980) and Home Alone (1990)?
5. Born on 9 February 1944, which Pulitzer Prize-winning author wrote the novel The Color Purple (1982)?
6. Born on 9 February 1945, which actress starred in the movies Rosemary’s Baby (1968) and Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)?
7. What type of aircraft took its first flight on 9 February 1969?
8. Which spacecraft returned to Earth on 9 February 1971?
9. Who resigned as (Australian) Attorney General to become a High Court judge on 9 February 1975?
10. Which celestial body reached its 30th perihelion (the closest approach to the Sun) on 9 February 1986?
11. Which yachtsman was rescued by HMAS Adelaide in the Southern Ocean on 9 February 1997?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.