Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 9 April.
1. On 9 April 1800, which substance was suggested as an anaesthetic by English scientist Humphry Davy?
2. Which dancer, born in the South Australian city of Mount Gambier on 9 April 1909 was appointed co-artistic director (with Dame Peggy van Praagh) of the Australian Ballet in 1965?
3. Which Eastern-European country proclaimed its independence on 9 April 1918?
4. Which actor/comedian made his first television appearance on 9 April 1950?
5. Who was the first person to made an honorary US citizen on 9 April 1963?
6. Born on 9 April 1957, which Spanish golfer was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 1997?
7. Which aircraft made its maiden flight on 9 April 1967?
8. Which movie directed by Alan J. Pakula, based on the book by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward was released 9 April 1976?
9. Who became the British Prime Minister on 9 April 1992?
10. Which musical became the highest grossing Broadway show after overtaking The Phantom of the Opera on 9 April 2012?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.