On This Day Trivia Quiz – 8 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 8 February.
1. Which monarch disbanded the English Parliament on 8 February 1622?
2. Born on 8 February 1828, which French science-fiction author wrote the novels Journey to the Centre of the Earth (1864), 20000 Leagues Under the Sea (1870) and Around the World in Eighty Days (1873)?
3. Born on 8 February 1834, which Russian chemist created the Periodic Table of Elements?
4. Together with Charles Kemp, who bought the Sydney Herald on 8 February 1841?
5. Which educational institution opened in Perth on 8 February 1897?
6. Born on 8 February 1906, which physicist invented the Xerox machine in 1959?
7, Which organisation was incorporated by William D. Boyce on 8 February 1910?
8, Which actoress, famous for performances in the movies The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) and Peyton Place (1957) was born on 8 February 1921?
9. Which US government building took delivery of a radio on 8 February 1922?
10. Born on 8 February 1925, which actor is famous for his performances in Some Like It Hot (1959), The Odd Couple (1968) and Save the Tiger (1974) for which he won an Oscar.
11. Which actor, famous for his performances in the movies East of Eden (1955) and Rebel Without A Cause (1955) was born on 8 February 1931?
12. Born on 8 February 1932, which Grammy-Oscar winning composer and conductor of The Boston Pops wrote the score for the Star Wars (1977) movies?
13 Born on 8 February 1955, which US author wrote the novels The Firm (1991), The Pelican Brief (1992) and The Runaway Jury (1996)?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.