Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 7 March.
1. Which English monarch had his request for a divorce rejected by the Pope on 7 March 1530? He subsequently declared himself head of England’s church.
2. Who patented the first sewing machine with button-hole stitching capability on 7 March 1854?
3. Born on 7 March 1875, which composer is famous for writing Bolero (1928)?
4. Premiering in London on 7 March 1896, what was the title of the last Gilbert and Sullivan’s operetta?
5. Which explorer announced the discovery of the South Pole on 7 March 1912?
6. Which board game was invented on 7 March 1933?
7. Born on 7 March 1970, which actress is known for her performances in The Mummy (1999), The Bourne Legacy (2012) and The Mercy (2018)
8. Which cricketer was the first to achieve the milestone of 10,000 Test runs on 7 March 1987?
9. Which Australian swimmer swam a world record time in 200m backstroke on 7 March 1992?
10. Which 17 year-old Brazilian soccer player made his professional debut for Real Madrid on 7 March 2009?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.