On This Day Trivia Quiz – 7 June
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 7 June.
1. Which Dutch city was founded on 7 June 1340?
2. Which US frontiersman began exploring Bluegrass in the state of Kentucky on 7 June 1769?
3. Born 7 June 1909, which actress became the oldest person to receive an Oscar (at the age of 80) for her role in Driving Miss Daisy (1989)?
A Jessica Tandy | B Greer Garson | C Bette Davis | D Katharine Hepburn
4. Born on 7 June 1917, by what name is singer Dino Crocetti better known?
A Perry Como | B Dean Martin | C Frank Sinatra | D Gene Kelly
5. Who was the first US President to appear on colour television on 7 June 1955?
6. Who wrote the novel Howards End (1910)? He died on 7 June 1970.
A John Steinbeck | B George Orwell | C E.M. Forster | D Graham Greene
7. Which song by John Denver hit #1 on 7 June 1975?
8. Who defeated Ivan Lendl in Men’s Singles of the 80th French Open on 7 June 1981?
9. Which Phillippino volcano erupted for the first time on 7 June 1991?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.