On This Day Trivia Quiz – 7 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 7 February.
1. Which poet (and peer of the Realm) made his maiden speech in the House of Lords on 7 February 1812?
2. Which European country adopted their constitution on 7 February 1831?
3. Who published the collection of essays Sketches by Boz on 7 February 1836?
4. Which play by John Willard premiered in New York City on 7 February 1922?
5. Which aviator took off on the first solo England to Australia flight on 7 February 1928?
6. Which transport service was nationalised in Britain on 7 February 1940?
7. Premiering on 7 February 1940, what was the title of Walt Disney’s second feature-length movie?
8. Who recorded the song Swinging on a Star for Decca Records on 7 February 1944?
9. Who became the first baseball player to earn $100,000 per year for the New York Yankees on 7 February 1949?
10. In which city did the Beatles arrive for their first US tour on 7 February 1964?
11. Which brand of ice-cream released the flavour Beatle Nut on 7 February 1964 to mark the occasion of the the band’s first US tour?
12. What did boxer Cassius Clay change his name to on 7 February 1964?
13. Which member of the Beatles had his tonsils removed on 7 February 1965?
14. Which movie starring Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little was released on 7 February 1974?
15. Which rock band premiered with their live version of The Wall on 7 February 1979?
16. Which singer was awarded a 4 ft high platinum disc by CBS on 7 February 1984?
17. Which song became the anthem of New York City on 7 February 1985?
18. Who released her self-titled debut album on 7 February 1993?
19. Which two English cricketers played their last Test on 7 February 1995?
20. Who released her second studio album The Woman in Me on 7 February 1995. It was Billboard Album of the Year 1996.
21. In which Japanese city did the 18th Winter Olympics open on 7 February 1998?
22. Which actress was named a knight of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres of France for her outstanding achievement in the field of art and literature on 7 February 2006?
23. In which Russian city did the 22nd Winter Olympics open on 7 February 2014?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.