Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 7 April.
1. Who wrote St. John’s Passion? It premiered in Leipzig on 7 April 1724?
2. Which English highwayman was executed in York for horse-stealing on 7 April 1739?
3. Invented by John Walker, which firelighting implement went on sale on 7 April 1827?
4. Who filed for his telegraph patent on 7 April 1838?
5. Which Italian city was devastated by Mount Vesuvius erupting on 7 April 1906?
6. Born on 7 April 1930, which actor played the role of Manuel in the British comedy Fawlty Towers (1975)
7. Born on 7 April 1933, which actor played the role of Trapper John in M*A*S*H (1972)?
8. Which film director (The Godfather (1972) and Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)) was born on 7 April 1939
9. Which bible sold for $2 million on 7 April 1978?
10. Which robotic spacecraft was launched on 7 April 2001?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.