Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 6 June
1. Which Scandinavian country celebrates is national day on 6 June?
2. Which (Christian) organisation was founded by George Williams on
6 June 1844?
3. Which electric household appliance was patented by Henry W. Selley on
6 June 1882?
4. In which US city did an elevated railroad open on 6 June 1892?
5. Which body of water were Frank Samuelson and George Harbo attempting to cross in a rowboat, when they left New York on 6 June 1896? Their successful feat took 55 days, and their record would hold for 114 years!
6. Which Alaskan volcano erupted on 6 June 1912? It was the largest volcanic eruption to take place during the 20th century.
7. Which automobile manufacturing company was founded on 6 June 1925?
8. Which pop group first met their producer George Martin and recorded Besame Mucho, with Pete Best on drums on 6 June 1962?
9. Which English horse race was run for the 200th time on 6 June 1979?
10. In which Australian state was a bottle found containing a message dated
9 June 1910 on 6 June 1983?
11. What was the title of the 13th James Bond movie? It premiered
(in London) on 6 June 1983.
12. Which video game was first released in the Soviet Union by Alexey Pajitnov on 6 June 1984?
13. Which movie starring Matt Damon was released on 6 June 2002?
14. Which tennis player won their 3rd French Open title and 20th single Grand Slam on 6 June 2015?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.