Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 6 February.
1. Which Italian printer was the publisher of the first paperbacks and the inventor of italics? He died on 6 February 1515.
2. What was declared the 6th US state on 6 February 1788?
3. Which scientist is credited with discovering oxygen in 1774. He died on 6 February 1804.
4. Which sovereign city-state was founded by Stamford Raffles as a British trading port for the East India Company on 6 February 1819?
5. Which naturalist arrived in Van Diemen’s Land (Tasmania) aboard HMS Beagle on 6 February 1836?
6. What is the name of the founding document signed by the British Crown and Maori chiefs on 6 February 1840?
7. In which Sydney suburb was the first life-saving club established on 6 February 1906?
8. Which board game went on sale of the first time on 6 February 1935?
9. Which cricketer retired hurt after scoring 57 runs in his last Test in Australia on 6 February 1948?
10. Who succeeded King George VI to the British throne on 6 February 1952?
11. What sport was played on the moon as part of the Apollo 14 mission on 6 February 1971?
12. Which newspaper was taken over by News Ltd. on 6 February 1987?
13.Who became Governor of South Australia on 6 February 1991, the first woman to hold vice-regal office in Australia?
14. On 6 February 1998, Washington National Airport was renamed after a US President. Who was it?
15. Who marked 2,828 days as (British) Prime Minister on 6 February 2005?
16. Who ended his time on The Tonight Show on 6 February 2014?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.