On This Day Trivia Quiz – 6 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 6 April.
1. Which Russian tsar abolished a tax on bearded men on 6 April 1722?
2. Born on 6 April 1810, which English naturalist is famous for coining the word ‘aquarium’?
3. Who was appointed Poet Laureate by Queen Victoria on 6 April 1843?
4. Which plastic was patented on 6 April 1869?
5. Which Canadian city was incorporated on 6 April 1886?
6. Which brand of film was first sold by George Eastman on 6 April 1889?
7. After a 1600 year recess, which sporting event opened in Athens on 6 April 1896?
8. Born on 6 April 1937, which actor played the role of Lando Calrissian in the Star Wars movies The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983)?
9. Which award ceremony recognises excellence in Broadway productions? It was first held on 6 April 1947.
10. Which Russian composer wrote The Firebird (1910) and The Rite of Spring (1913)? He died on 6 April 1971.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.