On This Day Trivia Quiz – 5 June
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 5 June.
1. Which famous mathematician and physicist was admitted as a student at Trinity College, Cambridge on 5 June 1661?
2. Who composed the opera Peter Grimes? It premiered in London on 5 June 1945.
3. Born on 5 June 1956, which Grammy Award winning saxophonist entered the Guinness Book of Records for playing the longest saxophone note – 45 minutes and 47 seconds in 1997!
4. Born on 5 June 1971, which actor played the role of Fletcher Chase in All The Money in the World (2017)?
5. Which microcomputer went on sale on 5 June 1977? It was first to be sold fully assembled.
6. Who sailed into Sydney Harbour on 5 June 1988, the first woman to perform a single-handed, non-stop and unassisted circumnavigation of the world?
7. Which church celebrated its 1000th anniversary on 5 June 1988?
8. Which movie starring Jim Carrey, Laura Linney and Ed Harris was released on 5 June 1998?
9. Which spacecraft performed a second fly past of the planet Venus on 5 June 2007?
10. Which country became the 29th member of NATO on 5 June 2017?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.