Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 5 July.
1. Which coins were first issued in Great Britain on 5 July 1817?
2. Who opened his first travel agency on 5 July 1841?
3. Which country introduced the first speed limit law on 5 July 1865?
4. Which swimsuit made its debut at a Paris fashion show on 5 July 1946?
5. Which (self-governing) British crown dependency began issuing their own postage stamps on 5 July 1973?
6. From which country did the Cape Verde Islands gain independence on 5 July 1975?
7. Who founded Amazon on 5 July 1994?
8. Which opera singer had her farewell performance at London’s Covent Garden on 5 July 1965?
9. Which member of the Beatles sold his psychedelic painted Rolls-Royce on 5 July 1968?
10. Which cricket umpire made his debut on 5 July 1973?
TV & Movie Questions
11. Which US showman was born on 5 July 1810? His life is profiled in the movie The Greatest Showman (2017), starring Hugh Jackman.
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.