On This Day Trivia Quiz – 5 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 5 February.
1. What title was bestowed on the Prince of Wales on 5 February 1649?
2. Born on 5 February 1788, who founded the London Metropolitan Police in 1829? The word ‘bobbie’ is derived from his first name?
3. Born on 5 February 1840, which Scottish veterinarian patented the pneumatic tire?
4. Weighing 97.14 kg, what was the name of the gold nugget discovered near the Victorian town of Dunolly on 5 February 1869?
5. Which French car manufacturer was born on 5 February 1878?
6. Which of Giuseppe Verdi’s operas premiered at La Scala on 5 February 1887?
7. Which Dutch painter has a shade of purple named after him. He died on 5 February 1888?
8. What type of rollercoaster was patented by Ed Prescot on 5 February 1901?
9. On 5 February 1921, 20 acres of land was purchased in the Bronx to build which sporting arena?
10. Which silent movie, written by and starring Charlie Chaplin was released on 5 February 1936?
11. Who released his record Tuxedo Junction on 5 Feruary 1940?
12. Which movie starring Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy was released on 5 February 1942?
13. Which cricket team regained the Ashes with 10 wicket win in Adelaide on 5 February 1959?
14. Who was the director of the movie Sleuth (1972), starring Sir Laurence Olivier and Sir Michael Caine? He died on 5 February 1993.
15. Which heavy metal band played their last concert in their home city of Birmingham on 5 February 2017?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.