Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 5 December.
1. Which French coin was created on 5 December 1360?
2. Which explorer discovered Haiti on 5 December 1492?
3. Which auction house held its first sale in their (permanent) Pall Mall premises on 5 December 1766?
4. Who composed Symphonique Fantastique? It premiered in Paris on
5 December 1830.
5. Which German scientist was granted a visa to enter the US
on 5 December 1932?
6. Who wrote the play Matchmaker? It premiered in NYC on 5 December 1956.
7. Which rock group released the LP Beggar’s Banquet on 5 December 1968?
8. Which movie starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and Julia Roberts premiered in California on 5 December 2001?
9. On 5 December 2006, Audrey Hepburn’s little black dress that she wore in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961) was auctioned for charity for a record £467,200 at Christie’s auction house in London. Who was the designer?
10. Which online store began operations in Australia on 5 December 2017?
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.