Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 5 April.
1. Who returned to Ireland as a missionary bishop on 5 April 456?
2. Who married Capt. John Rolfe on 5 April 1614?
3. Who discovered Easter Island on 5 April 1722?
4. Born on 5 April 1908, which actress turned down the role of Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With The Wind (1939)?
5. Born on 5 April 1916, which actor won an Oscar for his performance as Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)?
6. Famous for creating the Chinese detective Charlie Chan, which author died on 5 April 1933?
7. Born on 5 April 1937, who served as the 65th US Secretary of State from 2001-2005?
8. Which British Prime Minister resigned on 5 April 1955, due to declining health?
9. Who became the first woman to reach the North Pole on 5 April 1971?
10. Which Italian volcano erupted on 5 April 1971?
11. Which guitarist and founding member of the rock band Pearl Jam was born on 5 April 1966?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.