Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 4 July.
1. Which Welsh surveyor, who was also the namesake of a famous mountain was born on 4 July 1790?
2. Born on 4 July 1804, which novelist wrote The Scarlet Letter (1850)?
3. Two past US Presidents died on the 50th Anniversary of Independence Day (4 July 1826). One was John Adams, who was the other?
4. Who wrote Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland? It was first published on 4 July 1865.
5. Which landmark was given to the United States as a gift by France on 4 July 1884?
6. Born on 4 July 1924, which actress co-starred with Cary Grant in Alfred Hitchcock’s North by Northwest (1959)?
7. Born on 4 July 1927, which playwight wrote The Odd Couple (1965) and Rumors (1988)?
8. Which tennis player ended Bjorn Borg’s run of five straight Wimbledon titles on 4 July 1981?
9. Which French vineyards were granted World Heritage Status on 4 July 2015?
10. Into which planet’s orbit did NASA’s Juno spacecraft enter on 4 July 2016?
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.