On This Day Trivia Quiz – 4 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 4 February.
1. Who did the 1st US electoral college choose as President on 4 February 1789?
2. Which Caribbean island was seized by the Royal Navy on 4 February 1810?
3. Which item of clothing made of rubber was introduced to the public by J.W. Goodrich on 4 February 1824?
4. Born on 4 February 1841, which French inventor made the the first manned, powered, heavier-than-air flight in his batwing monoplane he named the Eole in 1890?
5. Born on 4 February 1902, which American aviator was the first to fly non-stop across the Atlantic Ocean in 1927?
6. In which French city did the first Winter Olympics close on 4 February 1924?
7. Born on 4 February 1906, which astronomer discovered the dwarf planet Pluto in 1930?
8. Which play by Thornton Wilder opened on Broadway on 4 February 1938?
9. On 4 February 1944, the play Antigone premiered in Paris. Who wrote it?
10. Which World War II meeting began 4 February 1945 between the United Kingdom, United States and Soviet Union for the purpose of discussing the reorganisation of post-war Europe?
11. Which country declared its independence on 4 February 1948?
12. Born on 4 February 1948, by what name is singer Vincent Furnier better known?
13. Which British car manufacturer declared itself bankrupt on 4 February 1971?
14. Which stock exchange was founded in New York on 4 February 1971?
15. Which rock band released their 11th studio album Rumours on 4 February 1974?
16. On 4 February 1984, Frank Aquilera set the world distance record (168m) for throwing this object?
17. Which New Zealand cricketer took his 400th Test record on 4 February 1990?
18. Which social media website was launched by Mark Zuckerberg and his Harvard University associates on 4 February 2004?
19. On 4 February 2013, in which city was a 213 year-old law annulled? It finally allowed women to wear trousers.
20. Who succeeded Steve Ballmer as CEO of Microsoft on 4 February 2014?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.