On This Day Trivia Quiz – 4 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 4 April.
1. Who received a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth I aboard Golden Hind on 4 April 1581?
2. Which country’s flag was officially adopted on 4 April 1818?
3. Which (Oxford University) scholarship fund was set up with $10 million on 4 April 1902?
4. Born on 4 April 1928, by what name is civil rights activist and and writer Marguerite Ann Johnson better known?
5. Which German automotive pioneer is famous for inventing the first car powered with an internal combustion engine? He died on 4 April 1929?
6. Which North American/European intergovernmental military alliance was formed on 4 April 1949?
7. Born on 4 April 1965, which actor has appeared in such movies as Chaplin (1992), The Singing Detective (2003) and Sherlock Holmes (2009)?
8. Together with Paul Allen, who co-founded Microsoft as a partnership
on 4 April 1975?
9. Born on 4 April 1979, which actor won an Oscar (posthumously) for his performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight (2008)?
10. What type of jewel is the Pink Star? It set the world record price (of $71 million) at auction on 4 April 2017?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.