Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 31 March.
1. Which two Canadian cities were incorporated on 31 March 1831?
2. Which Paris landmark opened on 31 March 1889?
3. Which Austrian composer conducted the New York Philharmonic Orchestra on 31 March 1909?
4. On 31 March 1917, the US bought the Danish West Indies for $25M. What were they renamed?
5. Which legislation was accepted by the British Parliament on
31 March 1920?
6. Which automobile company unveiled their first V8 engine on
31 March 1932?
7. On 31 March 1939, a movie adaption of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s (Sherlock Holmes) novel The Hound of the Baskervilles was released. Who played Sherlock Holmes?
8. Which Rodgers and Hammerstein musical features the song Oh, What a Beautiful Morning! It premiered in New York City on 31 March 1943.
9. Who wrote the play Glass Menagerie? It premiered in New York City on 31 March 1945.
10. What became Canada’s 10th province on 31 March 1949?
11. Which siblings became the first to share the front row of the grid in a Formula 1 World Championship event, when the qualified 1st and 2nd respectively for the Brazilian GP on 31 March 2001?
12. In which Australian city did 2.2 people participate in Earth Hour on
31 March 2007?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.