Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 31 January.
1. Which early Amsterdam financial institution was established on 31 January 1609?
2. Which country’s government went bankrupt on 31 January 1627?
3. Which Austrian composer, born on 31 January 1797 is famous for writing the Trout Quintet (1819)?
4. Which Laws were abolished by Britain on 31 January 1849?
5. Which novelist, born on 31 January 1872, is famous for writing Riders of the Purple Sage (1912)?
6. Whose gang robbed a train at Gad’s Hill, Missouri on 31 January 1874?
7. Which Marxist pioneer was exiled by the Soviet Union on 31 January 1929?
8 Which stationery item was introduced 3M for the first time on 31 January 1930?
9.Which American rock guitarist and founding member of the band Chicago was born on 31 January 1946?
10. Which type of animal was sent into space on 31 January 1961?
11. Which ‘Apollo’ space craft was launched on 31 January 1971?
12. In which Eastern-European city did McDonalds open a restaurant on 31 January 1990?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.