Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 30 January.
1. Who gave German emperor Henry IV a pardon on 30 January 1077?
2. Which British monarch was convicted of treason and executed on 30 January 1649?
3. What type of vessel was tested by its inventor, Mr Greathead on 30 January 1790?
4. What was the Californian city of Yerba Buena renamed on 30 January 1847?
5. Which novel by Jules Verne was published on 30 January 1873?
6. Which former U.S. president was born on 30 January 1882? He served a record four terms in office.
7. Which cricket team were presented with the ashes of a ball after the Sydney Test match on 30 January 1883?
8. Which computer scientist and inventor of the mouse in 1967 was born on 30 January 1925?
9. Which US actor, born on 30 January 1930, is famous for performances in The French Connection (1971), Mississippi Burning (1988) and Unforgiven (1992), for which he won an Oscar?
10. Born on 30 January 1937, which British actress won an Oscar for her performance in the movie Julia (1977)?
11. Which US coin was first issued on 30 January 1946?
12. Born Mohandas Karamchand, which Indian, political, spiritual and civil rights leader died on 30 January 1948?
13. Born on 30 January 1951, which British singer and (Genesis) drummer released his solo album But Seriously (1989)?
14. Which future US president hosted This Is Your Life on 30 January 1957?
15. Which pop group gave their last public performance on the rooftop of their Apple headquarters in London on 30 January 1964?
16. Which rock group gave their public performance at New York’s Coventry Club on 30 January 1973?
17. Which US Oscar and Tony-winning author sold over 300 million books and is famous for creating the television sitcom I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), died on 30 January 2007?
18. Which five-time Oscar winning composer died on 30 January 2011? He wrote film scores for 11 Bond movies, Born Free (1966) and Dances and Wolves (1990)
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.