On This Day Trivia Quiz – 3 May
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 3 May.
1. On 3 May 1494, Christopher Columbus discovered a Caribbean island and named it St. Jago. Which country would it later become?
2. Which astronomer observed the ‘total eclipse’ phenomenon Bailey’s Beads on 3 May 1715?
3. What is the capital city of the USA? It was incorporated on 3 May 1802.
4. Which religious group adopted the name Latter Day Saints on 3 May 1833?
5. Born on 3 May 1898, who became Israel’s first female Prime Minister in 1969?
6. Born on 3 May 1903, which Oscar-winning actor/singer sold 25,000,000 copies of his 1942 recording of the song White Christmas?
7. Which WWI soldier wrote the poem In Flanders Fields on 3 May 1915?
8. Which baseball-player made his major-league debut for the New York Yankees on 3 May 1936?
9. Who won the Pulitzer Prize for her novel Gone With the Wind on 3 May 1937?
10. Which (super-hero) movie starring Tobey Maguire and Willem Dafoe premiered on 3 May 2002?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.