On This Day Trivia Quiz – 3 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 3 March.
1. What became the 27th state of the Union on 3 March 1845?
2. Born on 3 March 1847, who was the inventor of the telephone?
3. Which sport was played for the first time, in Montreal on 3 March 1875?
4. Who composed the opera Carmen? It premiered in Paris on 3 March 1875.
5. Which hormone was discovered by Toronto doctors Banting and Best on 3 March 1921?
6. Which US monument was dedicated on 3 March 1931?
7. Which gangster broke out of gaol on 3 March 1934, using a wooden pistol?
8. Which rock group formed on 3 March 1966? Neil Young was a member.
9. Which US drama series, starring Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd premiered on 3 March 1985?
10. Famous for developing the oral polio vaccine, which microbiologist died on 3 March 1993?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.