On This Day Trivia Quiz – 3 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 3 February
1. In which country was the world’s first commercial cheese factory established on 3 February 1815?
2. Which pseudonym was first used by Samuel Clemens on 3 February 1863?
3. Born on 3 February 1874, which American poet and author is famous for her phrase “A rose is a rose is a rose…”?
4. What was the name of the elephant bought by circus owner P.T. Barnum on 3 February 1882?
5. Born on 3 February 1883, who created the character Hopalong Cassidy?
6. Born on 3 February 1906, which British environmentalist’s story inspired the movie Born Free (1966)?
7. Born on 3 February 1907, which Pulitzer Prize-winning author wrote Tales of the South Pacific (1947)?
8. Which country’s (original) parliament building burned down on 3 February 1916?
9. On 3 February 1918, the Twin Peaks Tunnel opened to traffic. In which city is it located?
10. Which religious leader met Mother Teresa in Calcutta on 3 February 1986?
11. In which New Zealand city did the 14th Commonwealth Games close on 3 February 1990?
12. Whose death certificate was granted on 3 February 2016, 42 years after he disappeared?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.