On This Day Trivia Quiz – 29 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 29 March.
1. Which composer made his debut as a pianist in Vienna on
29 March 1795 at the age of 24?
2. Who was elected as Australia’s first Prime Minister on 29 March 1901?
3. Which ill-fated explorer made his last diary entry on 29 March 1912, while storm-bound in a tent near the South Pole?
4. Which US movie star was promoted to full colonel on 29 March 1945?
He had risen from the rank of private in four years.
5. Which movie directed by Billy Wilder, and starring Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe premiered in in New York City
on 29 March 1959?
6. Who was acquitted of treason (in Pretoria) after a 4 ½ year trial
on 29 March 1961?
7. Which historical relic was discovered by Chinese farmers
on 29 March 1974?
8. Who won the Oscar for Best Actor for his performance in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest on 29 March 1976?
9. Which pop group’s record’s officially went on sale in Russia on
29 March 1986?
10. Which stock market index closed above the 10,000 mark for the first time on 29 March 1999?
11. What did Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia all become members of on 29 March 2004?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.