Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 29 July.
1. Which Paris monument was inaugurated on 29 July 1836?
2. Born on 29 July 1869, which American novelist wrote The Magnificent Ambersons (1918). It would later be made into a (1942) film, directed by Orson Welles.
3. Who formed the Boy Scouts in England on 29 July 1907?
4. Born on 29 July 1910, which British chemist discovered the 3D structure of insulin? She was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1964.
5. Who created the comic strip Dennis the Menace? It first appeared in The Beano on 29 July 1938.
6. What was the name of the vessel belonging to the underwater explorer Jacques Cousteau? He anchored it in a record 23,250ft (7,500m) of water on 29 July 1956.
7. In which London church did Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer marry on 29 July 1981?
8. Which anti-apartheid film was banned by the South African government on 29 July 1988?
9. Which dwarf planet was discovered on 29 July 2005?
10. Which computer program was launched by Microsoft on 29 July 2015?
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.