On This Day Trivia Quiz – 29 January
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 29 January.
1. Which Shakespearean tragedy is thought to have been performed for the first time on 29 January 1597?
2. Who was appointed as the first Librarian of Congress on 29 January 1802?
3. First Governor of New Zealand and co-author of the Treaty of Waitangi, who arrived in the Bay of Islands on 29 January 1840?
4. Which narrative poem by Edgar Allen Poe, first published on 29 January 1845 instantly made him famous?
5. It’s name means Sioux for south wind, What became the 34th state to enter the Union on the 29 January 1861?
6. Which soft-drink manufacturing company was incorporated on 29 January 1892?
7. Who patented the ice-cream cone rolling machine on 29 January 1924?
8. Who was chosen as Leader of the British Liberal Party on 29 January 1925?
9. Who became Prime Minister of Greece on 29 January 1941?
10. Which US actor, famous for playing the title-role in Magnum P.I. was born on 29 January 1945?
11. The play All My Sons premiered in New York City on 29 January 1947. Who wrote it?
12. Which poet, famous for writing The Road Not Taken died on 29 January 1963?
13. Together with Bob Simpson, which Australian batsman completed a 244 run stand for the first wicket in the Test against England in Adelaide on 29 January 1966?
14. Which nation (formerly known as Pleasant Island) adopted a constitution on 29 January 1968?
15. Which Australian cricketer and fast bowler made his Test debut against England in Adelaide on 29 January 1971?
16. Which educational institutional refused to award an honorary degree to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on 29 January 1985?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them. Please send suggestions and corrections to email@example.com