1. Which French art museum opened to the public on 28 March 1794?
2. Which household appliance was patented on 28 March 1797?
3. What type of emergency vehicle first went into service on
28 March 1866?
4. Which song, with words by poet William Blake was first performed
on 28 March 1916. It is now often played at cricket matches where the English team are playing!
5. Who composed the comic opera La Rondine? It premiered on
28 March 1917.
6. Born on 28 March 1921, which actor played the role of Dr. Simon Sparrow in the comedy film Doctor in the House (1954) and its sequels?
7. Which play by Philip Barry premiered in New York City on 28 March 1939. It would later be made into a highly successful (1956) musical film starring Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra.
8. Who won the Tony Award for Best Actor in the play Mister Roberts on
28 March 1948?
9. Which West Indian cricketer scored a century in Antigua on
28 March 1981? It was his first at his home ground.
10. Famous for winning four gold medals at the 1936 Olympic Games, which athlete was (posthumously) awarded the Congressional Gold Medal on
28 March 1990?
11. Near which Western Australian town was the world’s largest dinosaur footprint (1.7m) discovered on 28 March 2017?