On This Day Trivia Quiz – 27 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 27 March.
1. Which monarch ascended to the English throne on 27 March 1625?
2. Who composed the oratorio Die Schopfung? It premiered in Vienna
on 27 March 1808.
3. What type of flammable liquid was patented by Abraham Gesner
on 27 March 1855?
4. Between which two American cities did the first long distance telephone call take place on 27 March 1884?
5. What type of trees were planted in Washington DC for the first time
on 27 March 1912?
6. Which jazz musician recorded Only a Paper Moon with Delta Rhythm Boys on 27 March 1945?
7. Which musical comedy directed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen premiered in New York City on 27 March 1952?
8. Which group of UK criminals were sentenced for a total of 307 years imprisonment on 27 March 1964?
9. Which former Beatle released his first solo album Sentimental Journey
on 27 March 1970?
10. Which US volcano erupted for the first time in 100 years on 27 March 1980?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.