Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 27 January.
1. Which composer, born on 27 January 1756 wrote The Marriage of Figaro (1786) and Cose fan tutte (1789)?
2. Born Charles Lutwidge Dodgson on 27 January 1832, who is famous for writing Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (1865)?
3. Born on 27 January 1885, which American composed the musical Show Boat (1927)?
4. Which organisation was founded on 27 January 1888? It’s objective, “the increase and diffusion of geographic knowledge…”
5. Which actress, famous for her performances in the movies It’s A Wonderful Life (1947) and From Here to Eternity (1953) was born on 27 January 1921?
6. Which country experienced the coldest day since 1850 on the 27 January 1942?
7. Which electronic appliance was sold for the first time on 27 January 1948?
8. Which West Indian cricketer scored his first century against Australia on 27 January 1976?
9. Which American author, famous for his novel The Catcher In The Rye (1951), died on 27 January 2010?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them. Please send suggestions and corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org