On This Day Trivia Quiz – 26 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 26 March.
1. Which fire protection device was Thomas J. Martin granted a patent for on 26 March 1872?
2. Born on 26 March 1874, which poet wrote The Road Not Taken (1916)?
3. Which word was first used to describe baseball followers (in the Kansas Times and Star) on 26 March 1889?
4. Born on 26 March 1911, who wrote the play A Streetcar Named Desire (1947)?
5. Born on 26 March 1931, which actor is famous for playing Dr. Spock in the television series Star Trek (1966)?
6. Who announced that he had discovered and successfully tested an
anti-polio vaccine on 26 March 1953?
7. What type of communication was sent by Queen Elizabeth II on 26 March 1976?
8. Which computer and co-founder of Google was born on 26 March 1973?
9. Which song by Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney was released on 26 March 1982?
10. Born on 26 March 1985, which English actress is famous for her roles in Pride and Prejudice (2005) and The Imitation Game (2014)?
11. Which English king was reburied in Leicester Cathedral on 26 March 2015? His remains were discovered under a local carpark in 2012.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.