Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 2 April.
1. Born on in Denmark on 2 April 1805, which author is famous for writing such fairy tales as The Ugly Duckling, Thumbelina and The Emperor’s New Clothes?
2. Which writing implement began to be manufactured in Massachusetts
on 2 April 1827?
3. Which celestial body was photographed for the first time
on 2 April 1845?
4. Which passenger liner underwent sea trials under its own power
on 2 April 1912?
5. Born on 2 April 1914, which actor is famous for his starring in movies such as The Lavender Hill Mob (1951), The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) and playing Obi Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars (1977) movies?
6. Which scientist gave a lecture on his new “Theory of Relativity” in New York City on 2 April 1921?
7. Which Scottish physicist received his (British) patents for his new RADAR system on 2 April 1935?
8. Born on 2 April 1939, which singer-songwriter was famous for such hits as How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) and I Heard It Through the Grapevine?
9. Which English novelist created the character Horatio Hornblower? He died on 2 April 1966.
10. Which rock band formed Python Music Ltd on 2 April 1968?
11. Which movie directed by Stanley Kubrick premiered in Washington DC on 2 April 1968?
12. Which movie starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford won the Oscar for Best Picture on 2 April 1974?
13. Which rock band’s album Rumours went Number #1 on 2 April 1977, and stayed there for 31 weeks?
14. Edith Cresson was the first female premier of this country. She resigned on 2 April 1992.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.