On This Day Trivia Quiz – 30 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 30 March.
1. Which celestial body had its perihelion passage recorded for the first time on 30 March 240BC?
2. What substance was used as an anaesthetic for the first time
on 30 March 1842?
3. On 30 March 1856, Russia signed the Treaty of Paris. Which conflict ended as a result?
4. Which piece of land was purchased from Russia by the US
on 30 March 1867 for $7,200,000 (2 cents an acre)?
5. Which New York bridge links the boroughs of Manhattan and Queens? It opened for the first time on 30 March 1909.
6. Which French protectorate was established on 30 March 1912?
7. Which religious leader fled from China on 30 March 1959, seeking asylum in India?
8. or which Beatles record album cover were the photographs done
on 30 March 1967?
9. Which movie starring Ben Cross and Ian Charleson premiered at a Royal Command Performance on 30 March 1981. It would win the Oscar for Best Picture in 1982.
10. Which painting by Vincent Van Gogh sold for a record £22.5m ($39.7m)
on 30 March 1987?
11. Who received a knighthood from Prince Charles for ‘services to entrepreneurship’ on 30 March 2000?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.