Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 26 January.
1. Which country celebrates is national day on 26 January each year?
2. What became the 26th U.S. state on 26 January 1837?
3. Which U.S. general, famous for saying “I shall return….” was born on 26 January 1880?
4. Who patented the first automobile with burning motor on the 26 January 1886?
5. The life of which Austrian singer, born on 26 January 1905, was the inspiration for the iconic movie The Sound of Music (1965)?
6. Which French city experienced severe flooding on 26 January 1910?
7. Which Colorado national park was established on 26 January 1915?
8. Which Oscathr-winning actor, famous for his role in the movie The Sting (1973) was born on 26 January 1925?
9. Which movie starring Leslie Howard and Vivien Leigh began filming on 26 January 1939?
10. Born on 26 January 1958, which actress provided her voice for the character Dory in the movie Finding Nemo (2003)?
11. Who went missing on Glenelg Beach, near Adelaide, South Australia on 26 January 1966? The case remains unsolved to this day.
12. Released on 26 January 1970, what was the title of Simon and Garfunkel’s final album?
13.Which pop star’s hair caught fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial on 26 January 1984?
14. Which Australian cricketer made his Test debut against the West Indies on 26 January 1989?
15 Who was sworn in as US Secretary of State on 26 January 2005?
16. Who was ordained as the first female Church of England bishop on 26 January 2015?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them. Please send suggestions and corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org