Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 25 March.
1. Which Italian city was founded at noon on 25 March 421?
2. Who was crowned King of Scotland on 25 March 1306?
3. On 25 March 1655, Christiaan Huygens discovered the satellite Titan. To which planet does it belong?
4. Which British statesman became Foreign Secretary on 25 March 1807?
6. Which (German) explorer arrived in Sydney 25 March 1846, to a hero’s welcome, following his successful exploration of the Northern Territory?
7. In which city did the first modern-day Olympic Games begin on 25 March 1896?
8. Which British film director (Brief Encounter (1945), Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) and Doctor Zhivago (1965) was born on 25 March 1908?
9. Which British singer-songwriter was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight on 25 March 1947?
10. Which boxer won the World middleweight title for a record fifth time on 25 March 1958?
11. Who won the Oscar for Best Actor, for his performance in the movie Gladiator (2000) on 25 March 2001?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.