Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 25 January.
1. Who was elected President of the Italian republic on 25 January 1802?
2. Whose composer’s Wedding March was played at the marriage of Queen Victoria’s daughter on 25 January 1858?
3. In which Australian city did the sailing ship CSS Shenandoah arrive on 25 January 1865?
4. Which beverage-making appliance was patented by Gustavus Dows on 25 January 1870?
5. Which organisation was founded by Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell on 25 January 1881?
6. Who beat Phileas Fogg’s time travelling around the world by 8 days on 25 January 1890?
7. In which French city did the first Winter Olympics open on 25 January 1924?
8. Which Australian cricketer made his Test debut against the West Indies on 25 January 1952?
9. Which Walt Disney movie was released on 25 January 1961?
10. Which song by The Beatles reached US #1 on 25 January 1964?
11. Released in New York City on 25 January 1970, was the director of the movie M*A*S*H?
12. Which basketballer achieved his 10,000th NBA point in only his 5th season on 25 January 1989?
13. Which Waugh brother made a maiden century in the Test Australia v. England on 25 January 1991?
14. Which US department store announced the closure of its catalogue sales department after 97 years on 25 January 1993?
15.Which country added English as its second language on 25 January 1993?
16. Which tropical cyclone made landfall in Queensland on 25 January 2013?
17. Who won the Australian Open Women’s Singles Final on 25 January 2014?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them. Please send suggestions and corrections to email@example.com