On This Day Trivia Quiz – 25 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 25 April.
1. Which word was used for the first time on a map on 25 April 1507?
2. Which (metal) sewing implement was patented on 25 April 1684?
3. Who wrote the novel Robinson Crusoe? It was first published on 25 April 1719.
4. Which French song was composed by Claude Joseph Rouget on
25 April 1792? It would later become the country’s national anthem.
5. Which international news organisation was established as carrier-pigeon post service on 25 April 1850?
6. Which artificial waterway began to be constructed on 25 April 1859?
7. Which psychotherapist began practising in Vienna on 25 April 1886?
8. Who composed the opera Turandot? It premiered in Milan on 25 April 1926.
9. Who wrote the play Phoenix too Frequent? It premiered in London on 25 April
10. Which US/Canadian system of canals, locks and channels links the Atlantic Ocean and the Great Lakes? It opened to shipping on 25 April 1959.
11. Who was elected Russian President on 25 April 1993?
12. Famous for playing the hobbit Frodo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy, which actor won the Midnight Award (San Francisco International Film Festival) on 25 April 2009?
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.