Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 24 March.
1. Which English monarch died on 24 March 1603?
2. Born on 24 March 1733, which scientist discovered oxygen in 1774?
3. Who wrote Around the World in Eighty Days (1872)? He died on 24 March 1905.
4. Which magician and escapologist was born on 24 March 1874?
5. On 24 March 1882, German physician Robert Koch announced his discovery of the bacterium for which infectious disease?
6. Which country became a republic on the 24 March 1924?
7. Born on 24 March 1930, which actor appeared in movies such as The Magnificent Seven (1960), The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) and The Towering Inferno (1974)?
8. Which movie based on a novel by Emily Bronte, and starring Sir Laurence Olivier was released on 24 March 1939?
9. What was the surname of the father-son duo who both won Oscars for their (respective work) (actor and director) on the movie The Treasure of Sierra Madre on 24 March 1949?
10. Who wrote the play Cat on a Hot Tin Roof? It premiered on 24 March 1955.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.