On This Day Trivia Quiz – 24 January
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 24 January.
1. Who succeeded Caligula as Roman Emperor on 24 January 41 AD?
2. Which English monarch disbanded parliament on 24 January 1679?
3. Where was gold first discovered on 24 January 1848?
4. Which work by Camille Saint-Saens premiered 24 January 1875?
5. The world’s oldest badminton club was formed in England on 24 January 1900. Where was it located?
6. Published on 24 January 1908, who wrote the manual Scouting for Boys?
7. Which actor, famous for his role in the television sitcom McHale’s Navy, was born on 24 January 1917?
8. Which ice-cream bar was patented by C.K. Nelson on 24 January 1922?
9. Which Russian city was renamed Leningrad on 24 January 1924 (changed back in 1991)?
10. Which director released his first feature film (The Pleasure Garden) on 24 January 1927?
11. Which two cricketers put on 276 runs for the first wicket in the Test, New Zealand v England on 24 January 1930?
12. Which beverage began to be sold in cans on 24 January 1935?
13. Which movie based on a novel by John Steinbeck, and starring Henry Fonda was released on 24 January 1940?
14. Which U.S. singer, famous for his songs Sweet Caroline (1969) and Brother Love’s Travelling Salvation Show (1969) was born on 24 January 1941?
15. Which play by Edward Albee premiered in New York City on 24 January 1961?
16.Which British statesman and former Prime Minister died on 24 January 1965?
17. Which personal computer was unveiled by Apple on 24 January 1984?
18. Which space probe flew close enough to the planet Uranus to detect moons and rings on 24 January 1986?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them. Please send suggestions and corrections to email@example.com