Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 24 April.
1. What did the Greeks use to enter the city of Troy on 24 April 1184 BC?
2. Which American (literary) cultural institution was established on 24 April 1800?
3. Who wrote the oratorio Die Jahreszeiten? It premiered on 24 April 1801?
4. Which (soft) drink dispenser was patented by Jacob Evert and George Dulty on 24 April 1833?
5. Which Italian volcano erupted on 24 April 1872?
6. Which skyscraper opened in New York City on 24 April 1913? It was the tallest building in the world at the time?
7. On 24 April 1916, which (polar) explorer and his five man team launched the lifeboat James Caird in their attempt to rescue the ice-trapped ship Endurance?
8. Which instrument is used to measure underwater depth? It was patented on 24 April 1928.
9. Which British statesman received a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II on 24 April 1953?
10. Which Beatle announced on 24 April 1969, that the reports of his death had been greatly exaggerated
11. Which automobile manufacturer launched the Austin Maxi on 24 April 1969?
12. Which Ed Sheeran album was announced as the 2017 bestseller according to the IFPI. It sold 6.1 million copies!
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.