On This Day Trivia Quiz – 23 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 23 March.
1. Which oratorio by George Frederic Handel premiered in London on
23 March 1743?
2. Which novel by Pierre Choderlor de Laclos was first published on
23 March 1782? It was later made into a movie starring Glenn Close and John Malkovich.
3. Which French statesman’s brother Joseph became King of Spain on
23 March 1808?
4. Which word was used (as an affirmative response) for first time in the Boston Morning Post on 23 March 1839?
5. Which New Zealand province was founded on 23 March 1848?
6. What was installed by Elisha Otis at 488 Broadway, New York City on
23 March 1857?
7. In which city did tramcars begin running on 23 March 1861?
8. What communication instrument was installed at the White House on
23 March 1929?
9. What did the Swallow Streetcar Company change its name to on
23 March 1945?
10. Who released the song Livin’ la Vida Loca on 23 March 1999? It went on to sell 8 million copies.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.