Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 23 January.
1. Born on 23 January 1920, which flying toy is Walter Frederick Morrison famous for creating?
2. Which medication was administered for the first time on 23 January 1922?
3. Which jazz musician played at New York’s Carnegie Hall for the first time on 23 January 1943?
4. Which Australian cricketer scored 201 in 272 minutes in the Test against India on 23 January 1948?
5. Which country adopted a constitution on 23 January 1961?
6. Which rock band released their final album Goodbye on 23 January 1969?
7. Who became European all-round skating champion on 23 January 1972?
8. Which city had its entire population placed under house arrest on 23 January 1972?
9. In which country did a general strike begin on 23 January 1978?
10. Which country became the first to ban aerosol spray cans on 23 January 1978, because of the damage they cause to the environment?
11. Which television series starring George Peppard and Mr T premiered on 23 January 1983?
12. Which tennis player announced his retirement on 23 January 1983?
13. Which British parliamentary proceedings was televised for the first time on 23 January 1985?
14. Which English cricketer made his 100th century on 23 January 1993?
15. Which computer programming language was first released on 23 January 1996?
16. Who was removed as the boss of Formula One on 23 January 2017?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them. Please send suggestions and corrections to email@example.com