Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 23 February.
1. Who printed his first bible on 23 February 1455?
2. Which famous diarist was born on 23 February 1633?
3. Which US city was incorporated on 23 February 1822?
4. Which London newspaper published its first classified advertisement on 23 February 1886?
5. Which service organisation was formed in Chicago on 23 February 1905?
6. Which entrepreneur and computer manufacturer was born in Houston, Texas on 23 February 1965?
7. Which train made its inaugural journey on 23 February 1970?
8. Born James Alfred Wight, which Scottish veterinarian is famous for writing the book All Creatures Great and Small? He died on 23 February 1995.
9. Which English poet Romantic poet was famous for writing Ode to Autumn and Eve of St Agnes. He died at the age of 25 on 23 February 1821.
10. Born on 23 February 1889, which film director is famous for The Wizard of Oz (1939) and Gone With the Wind (1939)?
11. Born Arthur Stanley Jefferson, which comedian made over 200 movies with his partner Oliver Hardy. He died on 23 February 1965.
12. Born on 23 February 1685, which Baroque composer wrote Music for the Royal Fireworks and Messiah?
13. Which English composer, famous for writing the Pomp and Circumstance marches died on 23 February 1934?
14. Born on 23 February 1884, which Polish-born American chemist discovered vitamins in 1912?
15. Who obtained a patent for his internal combustion engine on 23 February 1893?
16. Who began conducting mass vaccinations to eradicate polio on 23 February 1954?
17. Which sport was patented by its inventor Major Walter C. Wingfield on 23 February 1874?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.