On This Day Trivia Quiz – 22 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 22 February.
1. Which US political party held their first meeting in Pittsburg on 22 February 1856?
2. Born on 22 February 1857, who was the founder of the modern scouting movement?
3. Which 3,500 year-old Ancient Egyptian obelisk was erected in New York’s Central Park on 22 February 1881?
4. Which sport was first demonstrated in New York by Scotsman John Reid on 22 February 1888?
5. Which play by Oscar Wilde premiered in London on 22 February 1892?
6. In which English city were taxi meters introduced on 22 February 1907?
7. Born in Toronto on 22 February 1918, which communication device is inventor Alfred J. Gross famous for creating?
8. Who completed the first successful solo flight from England to Australia, landing in Darwin on 22 February 1928?
9. Which Oscar-winning movie directed by Frank Capra, and starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert was released on 22 February 1934?
10. On 22 February 1935, aeroplanes were prohibited from flying over which US government building?
11. Born on 22 February 1950, which actress is famous for her performances in Educating Rita (1983), Mama Mia (2008) and the Harry Potter movies (2001-2011)
12. Which Australian naturalist, nicknamed ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ was born on 22 February 1962?
13. Which British pop group established their own music publishing company (Northern Songs) on 22 February 1963?
14. Which rock group released their first record Silent Sun on 22 February 1968?
15. Born on 22 February 1972, which US tennis player won the 1989 French Open?
16. Born on 22 February 1974, which English singer-song-writer released his debut album Back to Bedlam (2004)?
17. Born on 22 February 1975, which actress is famous for her performances in the movies ET (1982), Batman Forever (1995) and Charlie’s Angels (2000)
18. Who completed the first hot air balloon flight across the Pacific Ocean on 22 February 1995?
19. Which actor (posthumously) won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight (2008) on 22 February 2009?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.