On This Day Trivia Quiz – 21 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 21 April.
1. Which city was founded by Romulus and Remus on 21 April 753 BC?
2. Which King of England was born on 21 April 1509?
3. Which US state won independence from Mexico at the Battle of San Jacinto on 21 April 1836?
4. Born 21 April 1922, which Scottish novelist wrote The Guns of Navarone (1957)?
5. Which movie based on Erich Maria Remarque’s novel was released on
21 April 1930? It received an Oscar for Outstanding Production at the 1930 Academy Awards.
6. Born on 21 April 1947, by what name is US singer James Newell Osterburg better known?
7. Which city became Brazil’s capital on 21 April 1960?
9. Which coin was introduced into the United Kingdom on 21 April 1983?
10. Which French underwater archaeologist discovered the San Diego, a Dutch galleon off Fortune Island in the Philippines on 21 April 1991?
It sank in 1600.
11. Which US action television series starring Chuck Norris debuted on
21 April 1993?
12. Who won the 2013 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix on 21 April 2013?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.