On This Day Trivia Quiz – 20 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 20 March.
1. Which English mathematician discovered the three laws of motion and the law of gravity? He died on 20 March 1727.
2. In a letter to botanist Joseph Banks on 20 March 1800, who announced that he had created the electric battery?
3. Following his escape from Elba, who entered Paris and began an 100 day rule on 20 March 1815?
4. Which novel by Edgar Allen Poe was first published on 20 March 1841, establishing the genre of the detective story?
5. Born on 20 March 1917, which British singer used to entertain WWII soldiers, and became known as the Forces Sweetheart?
6. Which fast food restaurant chain was founded by Colonel Harland Sanders on 20 March 1930?
7. Which Italian volcano erupted on 20 March 1944?
8. Born on 20 March 1950, which actor won an Oscar for his performance in Kiss of the Spider Woman (1985)?
9. Which Joan Jett song reached #1 on 20 March 1982? It stayed there for seven weeks.
10. Which singer signed a $65M 6 album on with Sony Records on 20 March 1991?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.