Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 2 May.
1. Which Renaissance artist painted the Mona Lisa? He died on 2 May 1519.
2. Which astronomer discovered the first binary star, Ursae Majoris on
2 May 1780?
3. Which (Delaware) motor car company was acquired by General Motors on 2 May 1918?
4. Who wrote the symphonic fairy tale Peter and the Wolf? It premiered in Moscow on 2 May 1936.
5. Which jazz singer recorded the song A-Tisket, A-Tasket on 2 May 1938?
6. Who wrote the play Our Town? It was awarded the Pulitzer Prize on
2 May 1938.
7. Which movie based on the 1934 novel by James Caine, and starring Lana Turner was released on 2 May 1946?
8. Who won the Pulitzer Prize for his play Death of a Salesman on 2 May 1949?
9. Who was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his play Cat on a Hot Tin Roof on
2 May 1955?
10. Which British liner left Southampton bound for New York on her maiden voyage on 2 May 1969?
11. Which actor plays the role of Tony Stark in the (Marvel) movie Iron Man? It was released on 2 May 2008.
12. Which Norwegian artist painted The Scream? A pastel (on cardboard) version sold at auction for $119,922,500 on 2 May 2012.
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz?
Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.