Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 2 February.
1. On 2 February 1709, British sailor Alexander Selkirk was rescued after being marooned on a desert island for five years. What novel did his story inspire?
2. Which vessel arrived in London carrying the first shipment of frozen mutton on 2 February 1880?
3. Which author, famous for creating the character Zorro, was born on 2 February 1883?
4. What was observed for the first time in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania on 2 February 1887?
5. Which Baltimore inventor patented the bottle cork with cork seal on 2 February 1892?
6. In which city was the Australian Premier’s Conference held on 2 February 1899? They were trying to decide where the nation’s capital would be located.
7. Where did Queen Victoria’s funeral take place on 2 February 1901?
8. Which Russian chemist, famous for creating the Periodic Table of Elements, died on 2 February 1907?
9. Which US football team signed Jim Thorpe on 2 February 1913?
10. In which English county did the first cub scout pack form on 2 February 1914?
11. Which novel by James Joyce was published on 2 February 1922 (the author’s 40th birthday)?
12. Born on 2 February 1947, which actress played the role of Jill Munroe in the TV series Charlie’s Angels (1976)?
13. Which US model, born on 2 February 1954, was the face of CoverGirl for 25 years?
14. By what name is English (horror) actor William Pratt better known. He died on 2 February 1969?
15. The play Jumpers premiered in New York City on 2 February 1972. Who wrote it?
16. Which Scottish novelist, famous for writing The Guns of Navarone (1957), died on 2 February 1987?
17. Which US space shuttle was launched on 2 February 1995?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.