On This Day Trivia Quiz – 19 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 19 February.
1. Who composed Alexander’s Feast? It premiered on 19 February 1736.
2. Who was granted a patent for his gramophone invention on 19 February 1878?
3. On 19 February 1906, the Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company was founded. What multinational food manufacturer was it destined to become?
4. Born on 19 February 1924, which Oscar-winning actor starred in Cat Ballou (1965) and The Dirty Dozen (1967)?
5. Which Australian city was attacked by Japanese warplanes on 19 February 1942?
6. Who was the inaugural recipient of the Bollingen Prize for Poetry on 19 February 1949?
7. Born 19 February 1966, which actress played the role of Mallory Keaton in the television sitcom Family Ties (1982)?
8. Who released the song Another Day on 19 February 1971?
9. Which movie starring Heath Ledger won the BAFTA for Best Film on 19 February 2006?
10. Which American Pulitzer Prize-winning author, famous for her novel To Kill A Mockingbird (1960) died on 19 February 2016?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.