On This Day Trivia Quiz – 19 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 19 April.
1. On 19 April 1894, the opera Werther premiered in New York City. Who composed it?
2. Which race was run for the first time on 19 April 1897?
John J. McDermott won it in a time of 2:55:10.
3. Which Canadian city was devastated by fire on 19 April 1904?
4. Which French soldier was beatified by the Roman Catholic Church on 19 April 1909?
5. Which language reference book was published for the first time on 19 April 1928?
6. Which Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, featuring the song You’ll Never Walk Alone premiered on Broadway on 19 April 1945?
7. Born 19 April 1946, which actor has appeared in movies such as The Hunt for Red October (1990) and The Three Musketeers (1993)
8. Which soft drink was the first US product to be sold in the USSR. A contract was signed on 19 April 1973?
9. Who was named the first American Woman Astronaut on 19 April 1982?
10. Which English romance author, famous for writing Jamaica Inn (1936) Rebecca (1938) and The Birds (1952), died on 19 April 1989? All these books were adapted for the big screen by Alfred Hitchcock.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.